Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Getting there...

I've about finished making my notes.  Lots of places I'd like to visit, eat at, window shop at.  It's like my own personal version of Frommers'.

We want to go to Amsterdam by train for 3 days - that is proving to be complicated.  The train tickets have to be purchased on the French site as we are not in the U.K.  I have some French under my belt but get stuck at the part about picking up the tickets.  I've read that a foreign credit card can't be used when picking them up.  That can't be right but it's holding me back none the less.  I haven't given up but what a pain.  I've also been doing a lot of research on hostels there - the common word that keeps creeping up (pun intended) in reviews of various hostels is "bedbugs".  I can handle dirt or crappy paint jobs, but bugs?  No way!  Disgusting!  I'm looking into hotels at this point.

~ L

P.S.  I've decided not to bring nail polish and just buy a bottle there...but what do I do about base coat and top coat muuuuuhahaha *rolls her eyes*

1 comment:

Je m'appelle Cynthia said...

Buy a neutral shade - mauve or grey, beige or champagne - VERY in now. And go sans base and top. The color won't stain the nail and the polishes go on and stay shiny. You'll be alright!

RE bedbugs - even at the best hotels you gotta worry. Make sure you launder everything you bring back - dry clean or wash in hot/dry in hot to kill the buggers.