Going to a new place is never 100% perfect. There are little things that irk. They are just little things that are different than you're used to. I'm not a negative person, life is too short for that. I like to focus on the positive not just while travelling but in life in general. The following are a few little things I have enjoyed about being here...
- Walking down little side streets because you just never know what you'll discover
- Walking a different way home and discovering a place I had wanted to go to, but had thought it was too far away and that my feet just didn't have the ability to walk that long distance that day;
- Sitting at a cafe, drinking tea and watching all the people go by;
- Going out to my favorite boulangerie to buy a 1/2 baguette;
- Going to a bar and end up having such a good time we didn't get home until 4:30am;
- Going to the market every Saturday to buy a small rotisserie chicken and some flowers;
- Doing really well with my budget and yet I don't feel like I've missed out;
- The metro which is hot as hell but is well organized and cheap;
- That comfortable feeling as I step out the front door of my building and the neighborhood feels like home;
- Drinking Orangina because not only is it tasty but reminds me of a family trip to France when I was a teenager;
- Having little chit chats with strangers, whether they be tourists or locals;
- Lighting the rose scented candle I treated myself to after a long day and just relaxing.