Friday, August 6, 2010

Start at the Beginning

After a really tough year at work, the lay-off notices arrived.  I'd been working there 26 years and was one of many to be laid-off.  It was a tough 13 months leading up to my last days.  I went through a lot of emotions, both good and bad, but felt really good when I walked out of my cubicle for the last time.  The sadness I felt that last day was about the people I worked with.  I knew I would miss them.

It's been just over 4 months and I have to say the lay-off was a good thing.  You don't realize how stressed out you are until the stress is gone.  I've been enjoying my time off...a lot!  Although I haven't been doing all that much, I have filled a lot of my time planning a trip...but that will be my next entry...

...till then

~L

2 comments:

Gina Johnson said...

Oh you are a tease. I can't wait to follow along on this adventure with you my friend. You will have a ball1

Becky said...

YAY! A blog! Good for you! Can't wait to read on.