Monday, November 15, 2010

18th Arrondissement

Although not my first time here, this was a "must do" for us.  We'd been fortunate to have gorgeous weather almost every day but this particular day the weather didn't cooperate - I froze my little toes!  Alex and I took the metro the the 18th arrondissement where we met Margaret.  Basilique du Sacré-Coeur is beautiful!  Unfortunately no photos are allowed inside, but we did venture in to check it out (and to warm up!).








A block away is Place du Tertre.  A small square surrounded by cafes.  The interior has many artists selling their paintings; others just waiting to draw your picture and covered areas with heaters (thank goodness) to grab a bite to eat.



Waiting for a snack?


After lunch we left.  I would have liked to have stayed around longer but we were all so cold. Fortunately this was the nastiest weather we had and the following day was gorgeous - just in time for our visit to the Eiffel Tower...

~L

No comments: